Monday 9 April 2007

Nathan White @ Esquires

Well, the lovely Sonja snarled down the phone words to the effect that I had been instrumental in making her miss the inimitable Amy Lee (You know, the brooding singer from Evanesence) - which I vehemently denied, but to little effect. I mentioned that the gig wouldnt really get going until 9 ish, and she took me at my word thereby missing our Amy by over an hour. Apparently she had warbled through her set sometime after 7 and was now nowhere to be seen. On the plus side, Sonja proceeded to relate her experience of a great band called Nathan White who had somewhat lightened her mood by playing a storming set, and graciously handed out a few homemade CD's, one of which our Sonja had escaped with and was now standing outside Esquires in Bedford, explaining how only a well earned drink at The Ship would make her evening complete. And so it is that Nathan White find themselves the subject of tonights entry into the Red Baron Chronicles.
From their myspace website comes the following quote:
"hi im nathan white a singer song writer from bedfordshire in the good old uk.i have been writing my own material now for a good 8 yrs.been in a few bands local bands such as creeper/satchmo/kinkaid and now I have just finished recording my debut album entitled Pretty Ugly at Lost Island Studios, La Gomera in the Canary Islands.a 12 track rolacoster ride.The album is made up of some of the songs that I have written over the past 5 years and, as such, represents lots of different situations and emotions that I have experienced during this period of my life...Angry, happy, sad, fun, lonely, thoughtful and at times, a little bit psycho! ther are to types of music on this album pretty and ugly so why not call it by what it is.The album is everything that I always wanted it to be and my thanks go to the guys at Cow Inc. productions, who I have a production deal with, for helping me to achieve this.im not new to the Bedford music scene and have played with bands such as cooper temple clause/proud Mary/the pecadilos/and the junket and many more.i started my music life playing in such places as Bedford esquires and other small venues around bedfordshire.then i joined the band kinkaid and went went gigging all over ipswish Cambridge London and huge gigs such as party in the park in suffolk.After a 4 month break I will be out gigging the songs again soon. I have missed being on the road while I have been in the studio but the results were worth it.like all struggling musicians in the UK i am trying to take over the world and live up to my idols in the music world.so check out the 4 tracks on this site get your arse to my gigs and suport the dying Bedford music scene ther is talent still out ther and don't we no it.nathan."
Nathan White is signed to the fledgeling Crossflow Recordings from which stable his new LP is to appear called simply "Pretty Ugly". If the EP in our possession is anything to go on, this will be a corker of a set. Check out FREAKSHOW and MOD from the EP and make up your own mind.

As a footnote to this entry, I chanced upon a new live music venue that had recently opened up in Luton called The Live Room which I will doubtless be checking out in the coming weeks. Have fun!

2 comments:

Googe said...

Thanks for adding me to your Indie blog. I like it. I'm going to be making updates and posting more but it's hard when you have full-time job and others to care for

Keep up the work man! Do you know of affiliate sites where I can do link exchanges with other indie bloggers?

indie indeed

phil (aka 'googe')

The Red Baron said...

Cant yet reccommend any Indie Bloggers - I know the ones I like, and they are listed on mine. Yours is great, so gets the thumbs up.
Ciao for now - keep it indie!
Trevor