Monday 28 May 2007

Maccabees make Brighton Rock shock


The Maccabees from Brighton have finally "arrived" with their new album COLOUR IT IN. This is the sort of music that stops me in my tracks and reminds me how great real post punk pop rock should sound like. Full of rawky riffola and dynamic contrasts, the opposition are going to have to step up several gears to beat this when the end of the year reviews are written and 2007 is just a memory. The Maccabees first came to my attention with the quirky but superbly enjoyable LATCHMERE single (Released on the wonderful FIERCE PANDA records). This wasnt their first recorded effort - that was a long deleted single called X RAY released on an unknown label called PROMISE records (29th May 2006) - If anyone has a recording of X RAY, I would love to hear it. COLOUR IT IN is definitely a huge leap forward for the Brighton boys, and will be up there in my end of year countdown. Enjoy.

No comments: